After coming up with a pretty final idea for the layout of my dashboard concept, I then proceeded to render the final layout using photoshop. I began to make the basic shapes for each icon, before adding in the text and adding colour. I started rendering the detail in each icon, feathering the edges of the stamps and animating one of the envelopes to open and close. I think that the addition of the fine detail really brought the design together and I’m really happy with the final render. I selected really simple text for the title of the app so that the icons could do all the talking. I didn’t want all the different aspects of the design to be fighting for attention and so the simple colour palette and typography complement the more intricate aspects that are in the fine detail of the icons.
As the final design includes an animation, I formatted it as both a GIF so that this could play, and a PDF to view it as a static image.