So this week we got an interesting brief. For our ‘ways of making’ module, in our teams, we have been asked to deconstruct the shape and form of a pushchair and create a one to one model in cardboard. It took my group a little while to work out where on earth we should begin. Tackling the wheels seemed like a good place to start, and we intend to work upwards from there. This is completely out of my comfort zone, but I can see how useful it will be in getting me to think three dimensionally and improving my accuracy in the shape and form of the components.
The shape of the pram is quite complex, so breaking it down into lots of components seemed like the most logical way to approach the project. On the first day, we completed all three wheels and many of the supporting poles of the main frame. We worked really effectively as a team and got to work straight away to ensure it will be completed in time.